Porsche introduced the 944 for the 1982 model year. Slightly faster, better equipped and more refined than the 924; it was also a better handler with more stopping power, and was more comfortable to drive. Achieving a 0–97 km/h (60 mph) acceleration time of 8.3 seconds with a 2.5-litre engine generating 165 hp.
Our manual 5 speed 944 Lux was registered to its first owner, a Mr Hattingh living in London on 1st February 1988. This car has an excellent invoice file with many OPC and Independent Specialist service and maintenance invoices and a full stamp service book. The car has covered 119,500 miles. In 2003 the car was garaged up with 109,000 miles driving sparingly until 2016, when it was acquired by its next owner who fully recommissioned the car including respray, fuel lines, brake pipes, discs and pads and callipers, sill replacements, new windscreen, 4 speakers and radio, wheels refurbished, underside cleaned, stone guarded and undersealed, timing belts and balance belt changed, new clutch master cylinder, distributer and leads replacement and track rod ends.
The 944 has excellent exterior bodywork and paint work in Guards Red benefiting from a respray and the paint still presents very well with no blemishes. The wheels are clean and unmarked. All glass wear is free from cracks and there are no cabin leaks.
Inside the car is in lovely condition given it is 32 years old, and all the electrics work as they should.
The service history is all OPC and Porsche Independent up to 2004 and then serviced by the owner annually thereafter with a service book showing services all the way through its 119,500 miles, and a supporting MOT history supporting the mileage.
- 30th March 1988 Charles Follett Official Porsche Centre 785 miles
- 11th November 1989 Charles Follett Official Porsche Centre 9,396 miles
- 31st August 1990 Dutton Forshaw Official Porsche Centre 18,402 miles
- 3rd January 1991 Dutton Forshaw Official Porsche Centre 22,196 miles
- 2nd May 1991 Dutton Forshaw Official Porsche Centre 23,930 miles
- 24th July 1992 Douglas Cameron Official Porsche Centre 32,494 miles
- 27th November 1992 Douglas Cameron Official Porsche Centre 39,678 miles
- 15th September 1993 Douglas Cameron Official Porsche Centre 45,777 miles
- 15th December 1993 Douglas Cameron Official Porsche Centre 57,283 miles
- 17th June 1994 Douglas Cameron Official Porsche Centre 64,251 miles
- 10th February 1995 Douglas Cameron Official Porsche Centre 67,680 miles
- 19th March 1996 Douglas Cameron Official Porsche Centre 72,819 miles
- 21st May 1997 Pit Stop Porsche Independent Specialist 77,987 miles
- 16th October 1997 Aberdeen Official Porsche Centre 81,117 miles
- 24th April 1998 Aberdeen Official Porsche Centre 83,331 miles
- 3rd May 1999 Aberdeen Official Porsche Centre 88,032 miles
- 14th January 2004 Welsh Porsche Independent Specialist 108,668 miles
- 28th March 2016 112,323 miles
- 6th September 2016 113,560 miles
- 5th October 2017 115,001 miles
- 21st September 2018 116,244 miles
- 15th October 2019 117,301 miles
- 14th March 2020 119,012 miles
The car comes with complete set of Porsche books and two sets of keys and an MOT 7th November 2022.