|Model||Porsche Boxster S 3.2|
- UK car first registered October 2002
- Basalt Black with Grey leather interior
- Complete MOT history
- Comes with Jasmine PorschaLink Service
The 986 Boxster shared its headlights, front wings, bonnet interior and engine with the first water-cooled 911, and used a 2.5 litre engine. Production started in Stuttgart, supplemented from ’97 in Finland (the VIN has ‘U’ instead of ‘S’ as the 11th character). The engine grew to 2.7 litres, with a 3.2 ‘S’ alternative, in ’99. While the 2.5 is currently bargain basement, the 2.7 is seen as the everyday Porsche, easy to drive, with lively throttle response and great road manners. But the 3.2 S is a more focused package, with a firmer ride and enough power to get into trouble.
In 2002 the Boxster received a facelift which included a glass rear window, an electro-mechanical soft-top, glovebox in dash, power boost from exhaust/inlet mods, clear front indicators, tweaked bumpers/wheels and the 3.2 S has 258 bhp with performance figures of 0-60mph in 5.2 seconds and a top speed of 150mph in manual gearbox.
Our Basalt Black 986 Boxster 3.2 S was delivered to its first owner in October 2002 by Porsche Guildford. It is a facelift model with the desired manual gearbox and has 70,951 miles supported by a full MOT history and strong service history. The invoice file shows replacement of the IMS bearing, RMS, clutch and flywheel in June 2021 by specialists Sports & Classic Ltd. On inspection of the replaced IMS bearing, it is clear that the IMS replacement was not necessary but it has been doen for peace of mind.
In February 2021 the car had a full front end respray to sort out common stone chips. This car has excellent all over paint work, clean unmarked alloys and recently replaced tyres. Recent spends include front air conditioning condensors and a re-gas, front coffin arms and control arms, outer track rod ends and roll bar bushes in May 2020.
Factory fitted options included are: –
- C16 – UK car
- XCF – Aluminium look rollover bars
- X70 – Stainless door entry bars with Porsche logo
- X97 – Gear lever knob with aluminium inlay
- X98 – Handbrake as above
- 030 – Sports chassis 10mm
- 197 – Stronger battery
- 265 – Automatic anti-dazzle interior mirror and rain sensors
- 266 – Automatic anti-dazzle door mirrors
- 288 – Headlamp washers
- 375/6 – Left and right two-way electrical Sports seats
- 411 – 18″ 996.2 Carrera wheels
- 441 – Radio preparation
- 446 – Wheel centre caps with coloured Porsche crests
- 476 – PSM: Porsche Stability Management
- 490 – Sound System Harmann Analogue
- 551 – Wind deflector
- 567 – Top tinted windscreen
- 573 – Air conditioning
- 601 – Xenon headlamps
- 692 – 6 Disc CD Changer
- 697 – Becker CD Radio
- 981 – Leather dashboard and door panels
- 983 – Leather seats
The previous owner has fitted an Android 10 Double din touch screen unit with car play including Bluetooth, a short shifter and red seat beits. The original Porsche radio unit and shifter are included should the new owner wish to take the car back to total original condition.
This car offers an opportunity to acquire a well maintained and sought after manual 3.2 S with a good history file showing good maintenance.